Welcome to the Research Centre for the Study of Parties and Democracy
3 May – 17:00h UK time: Seminar
On a Slippery Slope? Democracy in Central and Eastern Europe
Speaker: Licia Cianetti (Birmingham)
Speaker: Zsolt Enyedi (CEU)
Speaker: Michael Bernhard (Florida)
Chair and Convener: Tim Haughton (Birmingham)
is a joint initiative of the University of Nottingham and University of Birmingham. Founded with the support of the Strategic Collaboration Fund, it is currently supported by funding from the School of Politics and IR at the University of Nottingham and continues to serve as hub for academic collaboration in the Midlands and beyond. We are an inclusive group and encourage all academics and doctoral researchers interested in parties, democracy and representation to join us and help develop REPRESENT.
REPRESENT focuses on three key research themes: populism, participation and democracy support.
REPRESENT hosts a series of seminars and a workshop Evolving Party Systems, Ideological Configurations and Values.
Check out our
latest news and research
collaborations with our international partners.
Get In Touch
Fernando Casal Bértoa
- Associate Professor in Comparative Politics
- School of Politics and International Relations – University of Nottingham
- Research interests: political party (funding) regulation, party (system) institutionalization, democracy promotion, qualitative methods
- Reader (Senior Associate Professor) in European Politics
- Department of Political Science and International Studies – University of Birmingham
- Research interests: campaigning, party politics in Central and Eastern Europe, politics of Slovakia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic